ISCHEMIA, ISCHEMIA-CKD, and ISCHEMIA-EXTEND represent the contribution of over 300 sites in 38 countries. Click here to see contributing sites by country.
Who We Are Now
- ISCHEMIA-EXTEND is sponsored by a grant from the U.S. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute of the National Institutes of Health.
- The ISCHEMIA-EXTEND is led by Judith Hochman (Study Chair), David Maron (Principal Investigator/Study Co-Chair).
- New York University (NYU) Grossman School of Medicine is the Clinical Coordinating Center. NYU Grossman School of Medicine and Duke Clinical Research Institute (DCRI) collaborate as the Statistical and Data Coordinating Centers.
- Statistical analysis of the long-term follow-up data will be led by Andrea Troxel, PhD, Director of Biostatistics at NYU, in collaboration with Sean O’Brien, PhD, PI of the Statistical and Data Coordinating Center for the ISCHEMIA Trials.
Who We Were (ISCHEMIA Trial)
- ISCHEMIA and ISCHEMIA CKD were sponsored by a grant from the U.S. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute of the National Institutes of Health.
- The ISCHEMIA Leadership Committee was Judith Hochman (Study Chair), David Maron (Principal Investigator/Study Co-Chair), and co-PIs William Boden, Bruce Ferguson, Robert Harrington, Gregg Stone, and David Williams.
- The ISCHEMIA CKD PI was Sripal Bangalore.
- New York University (NYU) was the Coordinating Center. The Statistical and Data Coordinating Center was at the Duke Clinical Research Institute (DCRI). The Imaging Coordinating Center was at Emory University and later moved to Weill Cornell Medicine. The Economics and Quality of Life Coordinating Center was at the DCRI and Mid America Heart Institute. In addition, there were the following core laboratories: angiography, nuclear imaging, echocardiograhy, cardiac MR, coronary CT angiography, and ECG.