Click on the map for a list of participating countries.
An international comparative effectiveness study
The purpose of ISCHEMIA is to determine the best way to manage stable ischemic heart disease
Patients with moderate or severe ischemia on stress test imaging may be eligible for participation
If you are a physician and would like more information, please visit the For Physicians section. If you are a patient and would like to learn more about the ISCHEMIA study, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Drs. George Dangas, Judith Hochman, and Gregg Stone discuss the ISCHEMIA Trial and why every interventionalist should actively participate.
Ischemic heart disease (IHD) is
the leading cause of death and disability worldwide and affects 17,600,000
Americans, resulting in about 450,000 deaths in the United States annually.
Globally, 7.2 million deaths are caused by IHD each year.
therapy (medication and lifestyle changes) should always be used to treat
IHD. Many doctors routinely use an invasive approach in addition to
medical therapy to treat IHD; however, it is not known if this approach is
better than medical therapy alone as the initial treatment of patients
with stable ischemic heart disease (SIHD). ISCHEMIA is designed to find the
answer. Click here to learn more about the ISCHEMIA study.
Join us for our monthly study coordinator webinar the last Thursday of each month! Contact the ISCHEMIA CCC for details.
Congratulations to our top randomizing sites!
- Northwick Park Hospital (Middlesex, United Kingdom): Drs. Roxy Senior and Ahmed Elghamaz & SCs Grace Young, Jo Evans, Sothinathan Gurunathan, & Christopher Kinsey (89)
- Government Medical College (Calicut, India): Drs. Mangalath Krishnan and Rajesh Nair & SC Jisha Shamshuddin (61)
and Structural Heart Diseases Department, Institute of Cardiology
(Warsaw, Poland): Drs. Marcin Demkow and Radek Pracon & SC Olga
Universitario La Paz (Madrid, Spain): Drs. Jose Luis Lopez Sendon and
Raul Moreno & SCs Almudena Castro & Silvia Valbuena (51)
Scientific Center for Cardiovascular Surgery (Moscow, Russia): Drs. Leo
Bockeria & Bagrat Alekyan & SCs Olga Bockeria & Zalina
V.A. Medical Center (Decatur, USA): Drs. Kreton Mavromatis and Dr.
Jason Linefsky & SCs Charlene Brown and Pankaj Manocha (44)
- Montreal Heart Institute (Montreal, Canada):
Drs. Gilbert Gosselin and Patrick Garceau & SCs Rima Amche & Magalie
- Centre Hospitalier Regional de
Trois-Rivieres (Trois-Rivieres, Canada): Drs. Ariel Diaz and Gilbert
Gosselin & SC Isabelle Roy (35)
- Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular
Sciences and Research (Bangalore, India): Drs. Cholenahally Nanjappa Manjunath,
Nagaraj Moorthy, Suryaprakash Narayanappa & SCs Krishna Murthy & Nandita N (33)
- Heart Instituto do Coracao - University of Sao Paulo (Sao Paulo, Brazil): Drs. Whady Hueb & Alexandre Hueb & SCs Priscila Borges Miyamoto Girardi & Myrthes Takiuti (31)
- Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital (New Delhi, India): Drs. Neeraj Pandit & Akay Sharma & SC Sheromani Bajaj (29)
As of May 18, there are 1754 participants randomized across Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Lithuania, Macedonia, Mexico, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States.