Click on the map for a list of participating countries.
An international comparative effectiveness study
The purpose of ISCHEMIA is to determine the best way to manage stable ischemic heart disease
Patients with moderate or severe ischemia on stress test imaging may be eligible for participation
If you are a physician and would like more information, please visit the For Physicians section. If you are a patient and would like to learn more about the ISCHEMIA study, please e-mail email@example.com
Drs. George Dangas, Judith Hochman, and Gregg Stone discuss the ISCHEMIA Trial and why every interventionalist should actively participate.
Ischemic heart disease (IHD) is
the leading cause of death and disability worldwide and affects 17,600,000
Americans, resulting in about 450,000 deaths in the United States annually.
Globally, 7.2 million deaths are caused by IHD each year.
therapy (medication and lifestyle changes) should always be used to treat
IHD. Many doctors routinely use an invasive approach in addition to
medical therapy to treat IHD; however, it is not known if this approach is
better than medical therapy alone as the initial treatment of patients
with stable ischemic heart disease (SIHD). ISCHEMIA is designed to find the
answer. Click here to learn more about the ISCHEMIA study.
Join us for our monthly study coordinator webinar the last Thursday of each month! Contact the ISCHEMIA CCC for details.
Congratulations to our top randomizing sites!
- Northwick Park Hospital (Middlesex, United Kingdom): Drs. Roxy Senior and Ahmed Elghamaz & SCs Grace Young, Rory Collins,Jo Evans, Sothinathan Gurunathan, & Christopher Kinsey (99)
- Government Medical College (Calicut, India): Drs. Chakkanalil Sajeev and Rajesh Nair & SCs Anu Varghese & Anjali Anand (77)
and Structural Heart Diseases Department, Institute of Cardiology
(Warsaw, Poland): Drs. Marcin Demkow and Radek Pracon & SCs Olga
Chojnacka & Marta Laska (65)
Universitario La Paz (Madrid, Spain): Drs. Jose Luis Lopez Sendon and
Raul Moreno & SCs Almudena Castro, Virginia Fernandez-Figares & Silvia Valbuena (59)
Scientific Center for Cardiovascular Surgery (Moscow, Russia): Drs. Leo
Bockeria & Bagrat Alekyan & SCs Olga Bockeria, Tea Kopaliana, Lolita Nazlidis & Zalina
V.A. Medical Center (Decatur, USA): Drs. Kreton Mavromatis and Dr.
Jason Linefsky & SCs Raven Lee, Shabnam Montazeri & Risha Patel (51)
- Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular
Sciences and Research (Bangalore, India): Drs. Cholenahally Nanjappa Manjunath,
Nagaraj Moorthy, Suryaprakash Narayanappa & SCs Krishna Murthy & Nandita N (46)
- Montreal Heart Institute (Montreal, Canada):
Drs. Gilbert Gosselin and Patrick Garceau & SC Moly Vat (43)
- Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital (New Delhi, India): Drs. Neeraj Pandit & Akay Sharma & SC Sheromani Bajaj (39)
- Centre Hospitalier Regional de
Trois-Rivieres (Trois-Rivieres, Canada): Drs. Ariel Diaz and Gilbert
Gosselin & SCs Isabelle Roy & Patricia Alarie (37)
- Heart Instituto do Coracao - University of Sao Paulo (Sao Paulo, Brazil): Drs. Whady Hueb & Alexandre Hueb & SCs Priscila Borges Miyamoto Girardi & Myrthes Takiuti (36)
As of July 28, there are 2011 participants randomized across Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Lithuania, Macedonia, Mexico, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, the United Kingdom and the United States.